Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 @ Day 2: HYPED-UP!
HELLO EARTHINGS!

I'm here once again to blog about my day today! I would say it was rather a more relaxing, a free-and-easy kinda day. We were first brought around the school campus, shown where were the places we are going to study, the staff office, etc.

Oh! Before I forgot, we had MACDONALDS AGAIN!! for breakfast. We had fillet-o-fish+coke+corn. haha. coke in the morning! cool huh? Anyway, the weather was slightly torturous today! So warm and sticky.. I had a conversation with a few WUST Students, and I asked them why is it so warm over here when the weather forecast put otherwise.. And they actually told me few days before we came, there was really strong winds in WUST, so probably few days later, it'll be much cooler. They themselves have no idea why the weather today was so warm too.. haha!

Yeap, back to the touring of our studying campus, one thing that caught my attention was the staircase!! They have this funny bump at the near end of each step.. I reckon its either 1)Prevent people from miss their footing
2)Not recommending girls to wear heels, cuz the heels have a high chance of tripping over
3)Allow blind people to walk down easier
4)All of the above?

HAHA. I really don't know. Just what I thought. Maybe I should ask the students from WUST what was that for.. haha!

Kay, guess I should post some photos along the way now (:



Evidence of how hot and bright the sun was!! SO SHADES IS A NECESSITY YEA! Haha.



This scene totally reminds me of those taiwan drama revolving about university that kinda thing. The actors and actresses will walk along these kinda walkway, (just that the one in Wuhan is meant for vehicles. haha)

Then we finally reached the place whereby we're going to study at!



Our classrooms!



INTRODUCING MY BUNKMATES FOR 35 Days!



Agnes, Yi Xian and I!

Later on, all of us went for G R O C E R Y S H O P P I N G! Or rather necessities! Haha. We got stuffs like pails, washing powder, WATER WATER AND WATER, cup noodles, hangers, TISSUE PAPER!! and other nitty gritty items. I guess we'll probably go for another round of grocery/necessities shopping soon!! Haha.

Right after that, we were for our LUNCH! MEAL TIME!
It was considered a posh restaurant in China I guess. Here's one of my friend's dish, which was supposedly to be made up for lamb, chicken, beef and something else. It's A LOT!!



and mine!


Supposed Cheese and mushroom baked rice with chicken. haha! but, it looked like chicken chop rice eh? haha ;)

Alright, after that a few WUST students brought us around the other side of the marketplace and we got a few more basic necessities.. The building there were a tad more run down, and there were cables stretching from one building to another just like that. We hardly find that in Singapore already isn't it?



Wires which stretch lowly from side to side..Because these houses/shophouses aren't very high leveled

Hmmm, we roam a bit more and then something really caught my eye- The Street Hawkers.
They all placed their food openly, with this swinging thing on top. (pict shown below). Initially, I didn't know what was the purpose of it.. But after a while, I realise most of the street hawkers are doing the same thing, and just then, I saw quite a lot of flies flying around the food....

SOOOO, it lead to me to a conclusion that those revolving things are actually to prevent the flies from "resting" at the food..



SEE THE RED REVOLING THING?(: that's what I am talking about.

Hmm, thats about it I would say.. School is starting tmr at 9am! So I better catch some sleep now! Seeyou again!

ADIOS!

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 1: BYE SG, HELLO WUHAN.
HELLO. TESTING (: