Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Saturday, September 18, 2010 @ Day 5: Shopping!
- S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G –T-I-M-E.

Well, my above description says it all right? Haha, everyone was seriously looking forward to this day, NOT exactly cause its shopping, but we don’t have school today! :D WHOOHOO. WE CAN SLEEP IN!
So anyway, everyone gathered at a same time at set off! Our 3 great hosts, Zhi Peng, Yang Tao and Guan Ping were bringing us around. From places to places, seriously. Though it was tiring, I guess it didn’t really matter, since this might be one of the last time I will be roaming around the streets.. So, the stretch that we went to was called Pu Xing Jie. There are a lot of sub streets, so we were roaming along all the streets our hosts were bringing us to. Boy, they are really nice people! (: I enjoyed talking to them!! Haha.


THE GIRLS~



So anyway, to get to Pu Xing Jie, we took a public bus for about 30-45 minutes.. While travelling, I caught some photos that shows how the streets looked like.. In addition, the electric buses that were used for transportation.. This electric bus acts like a normal bus, just that it is using a cable to generate the power, but not petroleum! (: Cool eh?



We had a long time shopping! Some things are really cheap.. For example, a nice t-shirt could actually cost 4SGD?! You'll never be able to see it in Singapore.. While walking along the streets too, I saw some things which I thought was a little unbelievable.. Some shopowners actually sell fishes, tortoises, snakes in a small, really small container( smaller than my fist). In my opinion, I thought it was rather cruel for the small animals.. They need proper ventilation and room space to survive! ):





What I notice while walking along the streets is that small children out there begging..Either doing stunts or just kneeling on the floor pitifully.

Time flies, and soon it was about 630PM. We went to Han Kou and took a couple of group photos..
PRESENTING DY! ME! YUHAW! NIC! (: GROUP C! WHOOHOO





Then it was time for BOAT RIDE! On our way heading back, we had a really delicious dinner! (: DIM SUM.. nah. its.. TANG BAO! aka Soup Baos. I seriously loved it! But a couple of us had some street food too, and it was also yummy!!:D



See how popular this tang bao shop is!



Tang Bao!! I love it a lot!!



Some street food! Fried banana with different kinds of sauces!-Apple, Tomato and Chocolate!




THEN WE FINALLY TOOK A BUS BACK, ON OUR WAY BACK TO OUR HOME SWEET HOSTEL! :D

Some personal reflection:

Foodwise, tang bao was really delicious! It wasnt that oily or whatsoever as I thought it would be. However, most of the street food are.. Well, I thought it wasn't really different from Singapore.. Who says Singapore street food ain't oily too? (: Remember those pasar malam, where all the food are so soaked in oil? Haha.

The street food in China are also quite different from what I can find in Singapore.. Especially those fried bananas with chocolate, tomato and apple sauce all together. (:

Well, wait for my next post because the next day, we are all going for a sumptous meal according to our guide!

Another point I would like to note down is that, Singaporean should really feel that they are blessed to be born there.. Especially the younger ones. They don't suffer from these kind of treatments the poor kids in China will suffer. We hardly see Singapore kids out on the streets begging.. So for the young ones out there, cherish what you have, before you lose it! ;)

OKAY THEN. COMFORTABLE BLANKIE AND BED, HERE I COME! *WHEEEE*

ADIOS

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 4: HOT DAY ):
Day 3: Excited still..
Day 2: HYPED-UP!
Day 1: BYE SG, HELLO WUHAN.
HELLO. TESTING (: