Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 @ Day 9: COLD WEATHER!!
Whoohoo! FINALLY THE COLD WEATHER IS HERE!! (: Actually, it started from yesterday night, around 10pm.. The wind were so strong and cold that it blew one of the food stalls behind our hostel down.. Everyone’s mood was so light-hearted! Especially the girls, we were all excited that we could finally wear our jackets and warm wear.

Well, so this morning we had PM Practical. We learnt how to use Microsoft Project. Thankfully it wasn’t that complicated as I thought it would be! Whew. We did about 2 practical, and some practices, and then we are released! I am now waiting for the next PM lesson on resource scheduling.

Signing off at 1250pm.
To be continued later at night..

HELLO @ 11PM again!
I must tell you that the weather today was extremely cold. Blame it on the strong winds, or global warming.. Haha, just kidding. Anyway, I really didn’t expected the weather to drop from a 34 degrees to 16 degrees?!

This is how wonderful acts of nature can be.. But it was too cold for me still.. Ended up buying a jacket from a nearby shop.. Thankfully it was rather cheap! (:
My group and I had project meeting in the evening then. We needed to discuss about our upcoming video! Our discussion was rather funny though. Haha. Quite a happy discussion. Haha! Brainstormed a little, and we probably are going to meet again tomorrow to finish our SOW and WBS.

Dinner with my group and hao teng at the muslim stall! Boy, their serving is really HUGE! I ordered tomato mixed with egg, again, and this time round at this muslim food stall, the egg serving was a lot! :D
So was everyone else’s meal. Here’s us!




Then my dearest group leader decided we should walk around… Even though he knew that Dy and I were ultra cold!! We still took some photos too! Haha..

With Haoteng! (: It was so cold that it started snowing!!!



Justk kidding. It's jus the effects from the camera. hahah.


Next, it was time for celebration for MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL! The locals call it” Merry Mid-Autumn Festival!”. How interesting eh? We don’t call it that way back in Singapore.. So anyway! We had lipton green tea, mooncake, and fun activities! We lacked a moon though.. Haha.. It was really fun! I’m sure everyone else enjoyed it too.

Mr Chia pouring teaaaa~


Activities starting!











We played this game like Pictionary! It was funny to see each other imitate one another.. Haha!


Cutting of the mooncake to eat!


What we usually do in Singapore for Mid-autumn festival is:
-Light up lanterns
-Play with candles
-Eat loads of mooncake
-Eat pomelo!
-and.. Sang yue! Meaning, taking a stroll and enjoying the full moon on this night

But over here, they do not play with lanterns, and I hardly see them eating pomelo too. What I heard from the WUST students is that, they play with firecrackers at times, but not lanterns..
Well, now that I’m talking about Mid-Autumn Festival, I’m missing my family! I’ve always celebrated with them at home. Hope they’re doing fine over there! I’ll be home in less than 1 month!
Before I end this post.. let me touch up on some personal reflections..
The locals’s tradition towards Mid-autumn festival is actually somewhat similar to ours. From what I’ve heard, about 90% of the WUST students had returned back to their hometown/home to celebrate this day with their family. Some major difference is probably they don’t really play with lantern. But, I enjoyed today’s mini-celebration with my friends in this batch, together with Yang Tao, one of our WUST host.

Alright, it’s time for me to say goodbye. Have a good rest people!
ADIOS!

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 8: Fast-food huh?
Day 7: New WUST campus +Dy's Bday!
Day 6: City Tour :D
Day 5: Shopping!
Day 4: HOT DAY ):
Day 3: Excited still..
Day 2: HYPED-UP!
Day 1: BYE SG, HELLO WUHAN.
HELLO. TESTING (: