Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Monday, October 4, 2010 @ Day 21: What A Day!
What an unhealthy day today is! ): I didn’t have any proper meals at all, instead, I kept feeding on UNHEALTHY things!

Things like:Cakes, bread with tuna, chocolate, biscuits, yoghurt, cup noodles, egg tarts, sweet pastries and more pastries. Not forgetting loads of plum too. Look at all these junk food man. Okay, before I get diabetes, I am going to make a pact to myself. I shall only eat only 1 pastry for a day from today onwards till I leave Wuhan. It’s just 13 more days. I’m sure I can fulfill my pact. :D





Anyway, I had my first test here for PM! It’s all on calculations. What everyone needed was full concentration and being quick and accurate! One wrong calculation can send your whole question down the drain!



The test was about 1.5hr-2hrs..I didn;t really managed to do the whole paper though! ):


After the test, we had the afternoon off for us to do our project! Anyway, here is something I would like to mention tonight.
As I was getting Soya milk this morning for Yi xian and I today, I noticed several things that were happening.. Well, I will be comparing and contrasting with regards to Singapore.

1. Some of the older generation simply does whatever they want on the streets.
For example, I saw 3 elderly sitting by the roadside gambling with their belongings on the floor. There were so many passerbys, but they don’t even seem to care.

I mean like, wow. I wouldn't be able to do that in public even if im old! ( I think..) Haha, I doubt I can gamble that openly in public. Well, it is probably not Singapore's style to do that. I'm not talknig about playing mahjong in the open. But really sitting down on the floor to play. Ahah.

2. A lot of the local people actually eat something heavy while walking at the same time. What I meant heavy is the “re gan mian” aka “hot dry noodles”, which I always see them eating!




This is supposed to be one of their popular local food, known for being cheap and yummylicious. Haha! I mean, based on the fast-paced life we Singaporeans have, eating those snacks/finger food while walking might seem ridiculous to some people. People have the tendency to think that you are either sooooo hungry, or you are running out of time to even eat properly. Things we could usually eat while walking is sandwich, fries, cookies..Seeing people eating noodles while walking is almost impossible.

But this practice in China is not uncommon at all. From my campus, I see so many students eating their noodles while walking, and talking. Haha. Quite cool huh?
But I doubt it is because they are leading an extremely fast-paced life. But probably, they do not want to waste any time, but trying to utilize their time well. Instead of spending the time sitting down to eat comfortably, that amount of time could be used to study and revise. Right?

I would love it to see this happening in Singapore though. WELL, I don’t mind being the first one to try that in town! ;P I might try doing that in Wuhan first. Hehe. Will blog out my experience after doing that! Look forward alright. (:

Got to go now people. Good night!

PS: Some tips for people who will be staying at this hostel:
Bring neck reliever/ muscle pain reliever, because your neck will ache when you use your computer for long in the hostel room! I’ve been having neck pain since the first week of the trip! The table is probably too low for me, though I’m not that tall either. Ahah. Yea. Just something you might consider bringing! I’m using SALONPAS now. Hopefully it’ll work it out!



ADIOS!

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 20: Themepark!
Day 19: S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G.!.
Day 18: BEAR with Me!
Day 17: Fooodie!
Day 16: Coca-Cola Factory
Day 15: W.I.S.C.O.!.
Day 14: Zhen Zhao 19th Birthday!
Day 13: 3 Gorges Finally..
Day 12: Cruise Part II
Day 11: Cruise Part I