Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Friday, September 24, 2010 @ Day 11: Cruise Part I
HELLO! We had a 3D 2N cruise on our ship, Chang Jiang Guang Let me briefly tell you what happened on Day 11 first.

Day11:
Like I told you on my blog post on Day 10, I will be heading out with Zhen Na in the morning right? Yeap! We went for some quick shopping, and after awhile stop at Macs for lunch. Then it was time to meet my classmates at 1215 to set off for our cruise journey!

Passing Chang Jiang Da Xiao first..




Then finally passing the another customs at Wu Jia Gang.



Couldn’t really capture the whole scenery on the bus. It was really beautiful though.




Okay, I know this is normal, but I get excited when I see container ports and stuff. I am a international supply chain management student, remember? ;)






We had our lunch at this pretty posh place, San Wei Jiu Lou. I sat with our lecturers! And, that’s how I got to know our Yuan Zhang! She’s a really nice lady. Haha. Somewhat like a mother to me! :D
Food collage!




Right after lunch we continued with our journey.. till we reach the ferry terminal!
My group matie and I!




A group of us onboard the ship with the CHINA FLAG
my group members! (:



I like the effect of this photo!!




Major highlights for today was watching the locks! We studied that in Maritime Management, and I never thought that I would actually be able to witness that for myself, I just thought it was unbelievable that a whole ship would be able to rise up level by level to continue its journey.
Before the locks were opened.



Slowly opening.



One small ship came out before we could proceed in.



It’s just amazing how our cruise so big, is able to fit into the width of the locks! (:

Us entering soon.




So that’s about it for Day 10. Hope you enjoyed those locks photos! (:


Us being really really cold, because of the strong chilly winds! Brrr

Reflections:

Being able to witness the locks for myself was definitely something I would never forget. Maybe to others it might seem like a small thing, but for me, as I don't get to travel on the cruise often, I would say I'm lucky to be able to caught it! This is especially so when I've studied on locks before, in my MM module. From what I have heard from the tourguide, this locks that we passed by is pretty new, only about 2-3 years old.. They have adopted this system from the Panama Canal who adopted this system intially. There were 5 locks that we passed through at Chang Jiang, and this leads us to the 3 Gorges Dam!

OKAY. Shsll blog about Day 12 next! (:

ADIOS!

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 10: Nice Day!
Day 9: COLD WEATHER!!
Day 8: Fast-food huh?
Day 7: New WUST campus +Dy's Bday!
Day 6: City Tour :D
Day 5: Shopping!
Day 4: HOT DAY ):
Day 3: Excited still..
Day 2: HYPED-UP!
Day 1: BYE SG, HELLO WUHAN.