Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Friday, October 1, 2010 @ Day 18: BEAR with Me!
The lesson in the morning was PM, conducted by Ms Hock. We went through the chapter of Project Control and the Contingency plans. Something new once again! While doing project control, I realized one have to be really focused and alert when doing the editing of the project control work. Project control is about monitoring the project progress and about taking remedial actions when there is a major impact. Then as for the contingency plans, it somewhat reminds me of my previous module, Project and Events Logistics.

I went back to my hostel and rest while the others went out for lunch. Because, I was having diarrhea since early morning till mid noon. After finishing up my work, went for some shopping with my classmates.

Dinner was at a famous beef/steak restaurant!













It was drizzling slightly, and by the time we reached there, most of them were already closing their shop. I must say I was quite "turn off" though.But, what lit up my heart was, I got a big bear! Well,I never really like big plushies but when i saw this one, it was like "love at first sight" okay! haha.Well,I bought it after all, after some hard negotiations..So that's about my day! Goodbye!

My bear! Tee-hee :D



This dog's really cute man! He likes to snuggle to you if you pat his head (:




Reflections:
As you know, production costs for almost anything is quite cheap, therefore, the sellers in fact, are able to sell that product( say a dress) quite cheaply. For example, the production cost can be about 20-30 Yuan, but what they are selling us is 160 Yuan. Moreover, they are making the dress in bulk. This is the reason why so many of us, wants to negotiate and cut to the lowest possible price.

There are times whereby when I negotiate, I feel really awful about it, because I know the price that I am quoting is a tad unreasonable. But it is because I know the production costs is cheap, that's why I wanted to push down the price. It's also not that I dont know these sellers are trying to earn money, but just, who doesn't want to buy things which are worth lesser than what they are paying?

Of course, if it's little things like souvenirs, key chains and whatsnot that I'm buying, chances of me haggling for one is almost quite impossible.I don't see a point in haggling for something which is less than ~5 Yuan.

So yeap, this is my reflection.. To sum up.. In my opinion, one can definitely bargain,but never use techniques which are hurtful for any other people. For example. criticising the seller and it's business in a malicious way, so that they will lower the price to make a small business with you..

Other than that, pushing your price normally seemed fine to me, just don't push your luck too far! ( when it's cheap enough! :D Hehe )

GOOD DAY PEOPLE
ADIOS

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 17: Fooodie!
Day 16: Coca-Cola Factory
Day 15: W.I.S.C.O.!.
Day 14: Zhen Zhao 19th Birthday!
Day 13: 3 Gorges Finally..
Day 12: Cruise Part II
Day 11: Cruise Part I
Day 10: Nice Day!
Day 9: COLD WEATHER!!
Day 8: Fast-food huh?