Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Wednesday, October 6, 2010 @ Day 23: PM FTW
We had Project Communication in the morning. We learnt about the types of communication styles one has. There are 4 kinds, namely readers, listeners, manipulators and viewers. Readers are those who needs to see information in black and white; listeners are those who are more hearing oriented; manipulators are those who are more to the hand-on approach, and viewers are visual oriented. This would be in the form of video, or any media, or drawings. All of these communication styles have their pros and cons. What I’ve realized about myself is that I’m actually a mixture of all 4 kinds. In fact, Ms Hock told us that most of us should find ourselves in a mixture of all 4 categories.

Another thing that I have learnt is that, for a project to be successful, one not only needs a good project leader/manager, but also a team of responsive members. It is really of no use when the leader is so good, but if members are just plain followers or they are not appreciative. It is not really helping if the members are just doing what they are instructed to do. It will be good if the members can voice out their own feedback, or the team having a constructive/interactive discussion occasionally. This will then make a project do even better. (:


Alright! So after PM, a few of my classmates and I went for lunch together. I was surprised Dong Qiang came after that. Dined at the nearby fast food restaurant. The food was alright! :D Oh! One thing I thought was rather cool was that they have these horoscope thing for every table. For every 1 Yuan that you insert into that mini machine, you will get a slip of paper meant for your horoscope! I wanted to try that out, but the machine at my table wasn’t working, so I guess I will try that again someday!


Had some group meeting for our cultural performance later on, and I realized we have quite a few things to do for it! We probably need to get our props soon!


Headed to Guang Bu Dun in the evening time. What I had realized over here is that the people don’t really speak Chinese that well, and that there was more foreigners and other type of people in China who were residing there. They don’t looked like a Chinese, but in fact, they are! Just that they looked more mixed blood. I’m not sure if it’s the whole street of people, but so far I’ve seen quite a few African Americans, mixed blood Chinese and people who totally don’t speak Mandarin at all!
I like the street food along the stretch of this road, They smell realllly nice! I love those banana/orange sponge cake, fried chicken, and other things..

China taxi



Wei Lin and I



The Orange and Banana cake!




More streetfood..



Yeap, thats all about it! Nothing much for today actually! Ahah

ADIOS!

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 22: Relaxing Day
Day 21: What A Day!
Day 20: Themepark!
Day 19: S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G.!.
Day 18: BEAR with Me!
Day 17: Fooodie!
Day 16: Coca-Cola Factory
Day 15: W.I.S.C.O.!.
Day 14: Zhen Zhao 19th Birthday!
Day 13: 3 Gorges Finally..