Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Thursday, October 7, 2010 @ Day 24: Bonding Session!
Bonding time with the WUST students. Let the photos tell the story! (:


Walking to the BBQ pit..


BBQ Pit. It's quite different from ours isn't it?



Our usually have this wire mesh, but for them, it's just putting it over the 2 sides..



Okay, this is my first time BBQ-ing golden mushrooms. Initially, I thought it would be really wierd, but it turn out to be fine! Quite tasty too actually. Haha.





Dy and Nick!



With one of our WUST friends..



Mwahahah, after awhile, Michelle and I decided to walk around that area.. And guess what we saw? A skating rink! :D Haha. Mich is really cool man, though she doesn't know how to blade/skate at all, she agreed to skating when I asked her if she wants to. :D

She tried roller skating initially, which is the American style of Skating. The wheels are 2 wheels by 2 wheels, rather than 4 wheels lined together. That will be called roller blading. I tried roller blading! Mich later on changed to roller blading because roller skating was harder to move around. I thought skating would be easier, but it wasn't in the end..




After awhile, more people joined us, and tada! It was really fun!



Here's Yang Tao. He's extremely good at roller skating! You know what, most of the china students are really good at roller skating, but we are better at roller blading! Yang Tao told me it was because since young, they have been playing with roller skating. Roller blading was only introduced to them at a later part, when they were much older..

Well, this is a difference between us and them! We were introduced to roller blading from young! Roller skating is quite a touch feat for us, yet it could be that easy for them! It's like the total opposite!



Whoa. There's something I must mention. The mosquitoes there are a mega killer. There is this part of the skating rink whereby when i stop, a SWARM of mosquitoes just rest on my legs. I REALLY GOT A BIG SHOCK! I could see so many of them on my legsss!! I quickly sped to another area and swapping them away with my hands. There were small splotches of blood on both my hands and legs. Lol. Really disgusting.

After all that skating and mosquito biting, we decided to head off and guess what we saw... :D

SUNSET. Hehe.

Look at how the clouds swarm towards the sun. I thougth it was rather cool. :D



I really love this photo!



Then after awhile, this doggie came running towards me when I tried to take a photo of her! Cute.



Weilin and I decided to stay on, and we played with jumpshots! Here's one of hers:



And mine!



Oh btw, I've got more than 15 bites. ): Kay then we went to find the rest who were playing at a exercising corner near our BBQ pit..

Table-tennis with our WUST friend


Badminton!



Table-tennis


Pool :D That is not really a pursued sport compared to the rest..


Basketball! Whoohoo



Slowly the sun became to set even more..





A few of us went off first for dinner!

Trying out streetfood.


and we saw this really cute guy from Xin Jiang who was selling Mutton satays. :D





YEAP. that's about it! Good bye!

Reflections:
It was a good bonding session we had between our WUST friends and us! Our style of BBQ-ing are actually quite different. For ours, we usually have butter and sweet sauces to enhance the taste of our food..But for them, they have all sorts of spices and salt. It tasted really different.

Well nonetheless, it's all thanks to them that we have such a wonderful time together! They helped us book the bbq pit, and prepare all the food too! Thank you all, WUST friends! (:

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 23: PM FTW
Day 22: Relaxing Day
Day 21: What A Day!
Day 20: Themepark!
Day 19: S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G.!.
Day 18: BEAR with Me!
Day 17: Fooodie!
Day 16: Coca-Cola Factory
Day 15: W.I.S.C.O.!.
Day 14: Zhen Zhao 19th Birthday!