Discovering a student life in Wuhan, China
Thursday, September 23, 2010 @ Day 10: Nice Day!
Say whoohoo! Today was considered a free time for us.. for us to complete our project assignment. My group and I met up around 9-10 and started discussing. Dy and I went out to get some food at the back streets then we decided to just get started first at the basketball court. Gosh, it was really cold! After awhile, Yuhaw joined us, and then we continued discussing. Nic met us soon after.



At first,when Dy and I were at the backstreet, we saw this really pitiful and cute dog roaming around.. As Dy and I settled down at one of the seats at the badminton court, this doggie just came towards us and sat up straight in front of us, appearing as if it's waiting for us to feed her some food We did in the end, feeding her with cakes. :D

Yeap, then at around 3pm, each group was scheduled to meet Mr Chia to show him our SOW and WBS..We made some changes after he has corrected us on some points..
Later on, some of my mates and I together with a few WUST students went out together! It was really fun to be with them! Especially Zhen Na. She’s someone who’s extremely outgoing and extroverted!


We went to eat at this restaurant for dinner! SANSHISAN JIAN TANG





:D

With one of our friends, Dong Xiang


I won't post up all the photos of what we ate here, but I have selected a few photos to do a collage!



Starting from the top row, (left to right)
Tasty Blueberry sauce with crunchy stem-Yummy Orange sauce and whipped potato!!-Pigs organ with its blood
Eggplant with soy sauce-One of the pig's organ- San Po Rou(3-layer fat meat)
Spicy long bean with minced meat-DELICIOUS SOUP WITH EGG AND MEATBALLS!- Looked-spicy but not sliced fish

and there are others, but they are more common dishes we've tried in the past few days..

Click to enlarge this collage! I must say the orange sauce with whipped potato and blueberry stem is really unique and yummy! So is the soup and the fish! I couldn't really bring myself to drink the pig's blood and eat the organs, but because one of the host actually scooped it up for me, I decided to try it afterall. haha.

So how did I feel after eating it?

I still didn't really like it! Haha. But the others enjoyed it though.. This dish together with the SAN PO ROU is the most expensive dish on the table. Glad everyone enojoyed their meal after all. Especially the guys. ;)


Went to Wal-mart to get a couple of items, and all of us decide to take NEO-PRINTS.gosh. when was the last time I took it? 2 years ago? 3 ? 4? I don’t know! It’s been so long! I will try to scan the photo if possible! But anyway, here's our complete group photo!



Me together with our friends from WUST!
Zhen na is the girl beside me anway. (:




Took a cab back and tada! Back to my hostel. (:
Reflections:

In my opinion, there is certainly a wide range of choice of food in China. Through this dinner today, almost all the food was new to me. It didn’t really occur to me as “over-oily, salty, bland” as what others had categorized food in China. I thought it was pretty alright.Maybe just a little oily. Haha. Well, some food in Singapore are also equally oily aint it? Example fried hokkien mee, fried oyster and egg ommelete etc..

I must mention this in my reflection!! Why are the roaming dogs in China sooooo adorable? And why are they all over the places? Just around our campus, I’ve seen husky, POODLES, maltese, shaggy dogs, snoopy-like dogs, cute dogs and more cute dogs. I’m serious! Maybe I should post more cute doggie photos next time.. Haha. You hardly find that in Singapore.. They are either leashed, or kept at home. Over here, they have the freedom to go wherever they want and one thing that is so amazing from what I observed, is that the dogs don’t charge at anyone else randomly at all! Try recalling any dog around the neighbourhood area, do you remember any dog barking at you when you walked past or something? They probably do right? But right over here, I can even play with the dogs without feeling scared. Yay. SO THAT’S ABOUT IT! TIME FOR BEAUTY SLEEP PEOPLE!

PS: I can’t wait to meet Zhen Na tomorrow morning for some shopping before I head off to 3 Gorges on the cruise journey! (:

ADIOS!

Yours truly
Joanna Tan
18 yrs old
Year 2 Student of SCM


Loves orange,pink,yellow,black, grey!,red,maroon and many other bright colors!Loves photography, family and friends, running, cute animals, cool and awesome food, pretty clothes, curly hair! and my God. i love being happy; who doesn't?(:

Alright! I've been too naggy with my personal introduction. So here's something more proper for this blog. Well, this is created so as to jot down my little thoughts and notes as I travel and study oveseas in WUHAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY! *SCREAMS*
A pretty good experience to get a feel of how studying overseas would be like! I'll be completing 2 modules throughout my 5-Week course, so are you ready to experience with me virtually? (:


LET'S GO! :D
[FYI, if the font size is too small, do Ctrl + . It'll be bigger! (: Sorry for the inconvenience caused!]

LET'S CONVERSE!

5TH WUHAN MATES LINK
Group A
Han Hui | Jia Li | Brenda | Liang Xun |

Group B
Shi Ling | Zhen Zhao | Wei Lin | Hao Teng |

Group C!
YuHaw | Joanna | Diyanah | Nicholas |

Group D
Yu Chuan | Yi Xian | Sheila | Edward |

Group E
Elizas | Houng Sheng | Michelle | Eudora | Agnes

Archives
Day 9: COLD WEATHER!!
Day 8: Fast-food huh?
Day 7: New WUST campus +Dy's Bday!
Day 6: City Tour :D
Day 5: Shopping!
Day 4: HOT DAY ):
Day 3: Excited still..
Day 2: HYPED-UP!
Day 1: BYE SG, HELLO WUHAN.
HELLO. TESTING (: